How to Make a Marriage Last a Lifetime!
Today's podcast is sponsored by our Young Living business. We would love to help you transition from chemical household products to 100% all natural cleaning, beauty and health products. Check out the 2018 US Product Guide to see some of our all natural cleaning products. If you would like to order products or get a Young Living membership please contact me. I can guide you through the process.
Have a great day friend! See ya next Sunday.
Michael and Jackie Bigar
How to Make a Marriage Last a Lifetime!
To listen to today's podcast please click on the play button below. I have changed our podcast schedule from 3 days a week to 2 days a week. I will post a new podcast every Tuesday and Thursday by 9:00 AM Mountain Time.
I believe all the important topics I cover today will help you have a strong, happy marriage that will last until you are old age together. Each topic is like a puzzle piece and you will be able to put them all together to make a marriage last forever. The order of importance for these topics are from least to greatest.
- Take Care of Yourself- You need to take care of yourself on the outside as well as the inside. Eating a diet rich in clean foods will make your body look great. The first thing you need for clean pretty skin is having clean food like fresh foods, veggies, proteins, and healthy fats.
- Don't Wear Yoga Pants All Day- My dad used to get so mad when I would try to wear pajama pants out in public. Take care of yourself ladies by getting ready each day. I know as a stay at home mom we get the choice of getting ready or not but choose to lateral. It's good for your self esteem too.
Serve One Another
- Keep the House Clean- Make home a happy welcoming place that your husband wants to come home to. I have heard of women cleaning the house and lighting a candle so your home feels like a heaven. I think that sounds amazing and I would like to go to their house, wouldn't you? Just imagine that they have a home cooked dinner with fresh rolls waiting for you as well. I would marry her right? LOL just kidding. But your husband would be so happy to come home to a home that is well loved and cared for. I know as a homeschool mom we rarely get a chance to make our homes perfect like the one I mention above but let's encourage one another to try!
- Stay on Top of House Chores- Is there a pile of clean laundry sitting on your bed or dresser? I am so guilt of having mountains of laundry piling up in my home! My kids literally will climb the mountains I make. But I am really trying to get better at keeping the laundry in the dresser and not on top of it because it frees my time for my husband when he gets home. Other chores that you need to stay on top of: dishes, load and unload dish washer, feed pets, keep up landscaping, keep home clean and ready for guests, and pay bills. As a stay at home mom it is our job to take care of these things. If you are struggling to keep up with these tasks start brainstorming ideas of how to get help with them. Can you afford a house cleaner? Would your mom or other helpful person come over and watch your kids while you take care of your chores?
- Have Dinner Ready-This is a huge one that your husband will defintaly love you for. Who doesn't love a home cooked meal? I would love to come home to a freshly made dinner and your husband will love it too! Men really do love women who cook and bake for them. Nothing beats homemade food.
- Hydrate Him- What? Serve him water or his favorite beverage when he gets home. This is a obvious act of service and he will notice it. Once you get used to serving him in this way it will become second nature!
Create a Dream Life Together
This is a essential part of having a happy marriage. Your husband and you need to create a dream life together and achievable goals to get there. If you don't know how to get there it will never happen. You can write your dream life plan on paper, draw a picture, whatever it is that you want out of life you need to write it down so that you can make it happen.
Figure out what is that you want out of life then figure out a way to pay for that lifestyle. Remember that people are more important than things. I like to include people in my dream life rather than a bunch of things.
Thanks so much for joining me this Tuesday morning! Please come back next week so I can tell you about Michael and my dream life and how we plan on making those dreams come true. I truly believe that you can live whatever life you desire and if you love the life you will figure out a way to make money at it.
Homeschooling His Children